Airfreight into Africa is one of the largest growing markets in the world.
Recognising this, the Air Cargo Africa conference and exhibition, which brings together various role players in the industry to explore the potential of this market, is coming to Emperors Palace, Johannesburg from the 21 -23 of February.
Professional Aviation Services, specialists in Aviation Security and Air Cargo Security Compliance and Training, will be exhibiting at Air Cargo Africa. With a 35-year history in Aviation, and specialising in providing unique solutions that solve client’s challenges, Professional Aviation Services is ideally placed to service and assist clients in finding solutions for their various needs.
We are passionate about keeping Aviation safe and secure, for ultimately, it is all about protecting people. From the personnel who are involved in the Aviation Industry, the people who fly as crew and passengers to the public who could be affected by an aviation incident. By taking part in Air Cargo Africa, we intend to showcase the importance of keeping the growing Airfreight in Africa business safe and secure.
With the airfreight industry into Africa growing at the rate that it is, now is the time to equip your organisation to take advantage of the growth, and keep your staff and your organisation safe and secure. Our services can be combined into a unique solution for you that is customised to solve your unique challenges.
We at Professional are always willing to take up a challenge. So, if you require a service or solution that is not listed below, contact us and let us see how we can help you.
Services that we offer include the following:
Consulting and Risk Services
- EU RA3 Validations – for clients who operate in countries that are not listed on the EU Green list
- Air Cargo Security Compliance Consulting – with 36 Regulated Agents in South Africa as our clients, we have a wide range of experience in guiding clients in terms of operating a secure supply chain
- Aviation Security Consulting – our team of experts can assist with your general aviation security queries and provide solutions for your challenges.
- Risk Services – we can assist with security tests, audits and once-off checks to evaluate the security of facilities and processes.
- IATA Training Courses – through our registered IATA Authorised Training Centre, (ZA-PRI-1-14-001; ZA-PRI-3-16-001), we offer IATA Dangerous Goods training, Introduction to Safety Management Systems, as well as Aviation Security Awareness and Cargo Security Awareness courses, through the International Cargo Training Programme and the International Aviation Training Programme.
- Classroom Training – as a SACAA Approved Part 109 Aviation Security Training Organisation (Approval number: SACAA/AVSEC/CS/008 and SACAA Approved Part 92 Dangerous Goods Aviation Training Organisation, (Approval number: SACAA/DG/0031) we offer quality classroom based training at various locations around South Africa. Our main training centre is situated in Jet Park, with 4 dedicated classrooms, with other locations at Lanseria International Airport, and Wonderboom Airport. We are also able to conduct training in other parts of South Africa, with two dedicated branches in the coastal areas, one in Durban and one in Cape Town.
Our training team consists of 7 SACAA Accredited Aviation Security Training Instructors, 2 of which specialise in Level 1, 2 and 3 Aviation and Cargo Security Training. Several of our instructors are also qualified to teach Dangerous Goods Awareness.
Courses on offer include:
- Aviation Security Screener Training for Passenger and Baggage and for Cargo, Store, Mail and Supplies. (Level 1)
- Aviation Security Supervisor Training for Passenger and Baggage and for Cargo, Store, Mail and Supplies. (Level 2)
- Aviation Security Management Training for Airports and Airlines, as well as for Cargo. (Level 3)
- General Aviation Security Awareness Training (ASAT)
- Aviation Security Awareness (Cargo, Store, Mail and Supplies) Training
- RPAS Aviation Security Awareness Training (for Drone/RPAS/UAV operators)
- Dangerous Goods by Air Regulations (Awareness) for Categories: 4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12
- Customised Courses – our dedicated Research and Development team specialise in developing customised in-house courses for clients, as well as to meet general training needs that we identify in the market.
Current courses that are available include:
- Human Factors for Personnel
- Human Factors for Supervisors and Managers
- Lithium Battery Awareness (both classroom and on-line)
- Handling of Lithium Batteries
- Enhanced Security Training
- Driver Security – Anti-Hijacking Course
- On-line Learning – through our on-line learning platform, proftrain.co.za, we offer customised e-learning courses to various clients, as well as general courses that are open to the public.
- Learner Management System – struggling to manage the training function of your organisation? The Professional Learner Management System is a database system which simplifies the management of training for your staff.
- IATA Publications – as one of only two registered IATA Publications Agents in South Africa, contact us for all your IATA publication’s needs. We take the pain out of ordering IATA products. Visit protrain.co.za/shop to see all the products on offer.
- ICAO Publications – are you looking for ICAO Annexes and Technical Instructions and other ICAO publications? We are a registered ICAO Publications Reseller, contact us to place your order today.
- Dangerous Goods and Lithium Battery Awareness Seminars – educating staff and clients is a vital part of doing business safely and reducing potential incidents. The Professional Dangerous Goods and Lithium Battery Awareness Seminars help to educate your clients about the dangers of mis-declared, undeclared or hidden dangerous goods. It also educates them on the dangers of Lithium Batteries and what is allowed and not allowed. Contact us to book a seminar for your staff or your clients.
The SACAA has just issued a notice to the aviation and other related industries regarding the Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
The notice is attached for your information. sacaa-galaxy-note-notice-to-industry
The most important point to take note of is:
Air operators are required to comply with Special Provision A154 of the ICAO Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods which stipulate that “lithium batteries identified by the manufacturer as being defective for safety reasons; or that have been damaged; or that have the potential of producing a dangerous evolution of heat, fire or short circuit are forbidden for transport by air (e.g. those being returned to the manufacturer for safety reasons). The same provision can be found in the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
It is essential that all in the secure supply chain and air cargo industries stay up to date with developments that impact their business and the safety and security of the aviation industry.
The transport of lithium batteries by air is a complex subject that requires companies to stay up to date with all applicable regulations.
Please contact David Alexander if you need assistance or would like to order these critical IATA publications.
It is “that time of the year” again, 73 days to Christmas and, 80 days until the 58th Edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations come into effect.
The 58th Edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations contain several very important changes and additions and it is essential that you and your organisation have the latest information in order to ensure that you are able to facilitate the safe transport of dangerous goods.
Professional Aviation Services understand the dangerous goods environment; we will ensure that you remain fully compliant.
Professional are authorised IATA Publications Resellers and offer the full range of IATA publications, posters and electronic products, we guarantee the best prices, expedited shipping and discounts on bulk orders.
Contact David today on firstname.lastname@example.org, Professional will guide you to ensure that you get full value for your dangerous goods compliance in IATA Publications for 2017.
Online ordering is coming soon at our online Training Academy at www.proftrain.co.za
We are an officially recognised IATA Publications Reseller.
If you are looking for any IATA publication, from the latest IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, to Cargo codes; contact us today with your requirements. Have a look at our PAS IATA Publications Catalogue 2016 and contact us in order to place your order.
The security of your cargo is off critical importance, not only to minimize loss and shrinkage but to ensure that the very best preventative measures are in place to prevent the introduction of illegal, dangerous and prohibited items into your cargo.
Professional Risk has the answer, the ProSecure suite of security products for cargo.
The ProSecure suite consists of the following:
- A Pallet Sock that covers the cargo and seals the pallet sock to the pallet to prevent the introduction of contraband or illegal items and prevents theft and stock losses;
- An WIST RFID tracker that enables real time tracking of your consignment, alerts you to tampering with your cargo and puts you in control of the security of your consignment at all times;
- A high security steel mesh lined Pallet Sock is available that makes the Pallet Sock cut and slash resistant ideal for high value cargo such as cell phones, laptops, cosmetics;
Would you like your cell phones packed like this use ProSecure!!!
The Pallet Sock is accepted by the South African Civil Aviation Authority as Tamper Evident packaging under the Part 108 regulations relating to air cargo security.
The impact of this on your security packaging cost can be significant for consolidations and consignments with a common destination only ONE Pallet Sock, Known Cargo label and seal would be required instead of a label and seal for each box on a pallet.
For full product features and specifications:
Professional Risk and asset Management are air cargo security specialists with a focus on all aspects of the security of your cargo and systems, compliance with Part 108 of the South African Civil Aviation Regulations.
In addition Professional Risk is a South African Civil Aviation Authority accredited Training Institution for all security and Dangerous Goods training.
We are also a TETA (Transport Education Training Authority) Service Provider (TETA 11-175).