This presentation contains everything you need to know about preparing yourself for the Part 110 requirements to ensure that all screening at your organisation is undertaken by a registered Screening Organisation.
If you need any assistance feel free to contact us for assistance
AFS in Tanzania has achieved European Union RA3 accreditation, the first Ground Handling Organisation in Tanzania to satisfy the stringent air cargo security measures required to enable AFS Tanzania to handle, screen and make secure air cargo destined for the European Union.
This is a significant achievement for AFS Tanzania and Tanzania and it is much deserved recognition for the time, energy and passion dedicated to the project by Mr Mohamed Nur, Managing Director of AFS Tanzania and his dedicated team under the leadership of Operations Manager Mr Matthew Lawrence.
Professional Aviation Services was appointed by AFS Tanzania to facilitate the RA3 validation process including all procedures, processes and completion of all documentation including the Air Cargo Security Manual required to achieve compliance with European Union requirements.
Professional conducted the aviation security awareness training required to satisfy EU requirements.
The Professional team was under the able leadership of Mr JJ Cilliers who was charged with doing all of the training and preparation for validation.
European Union approved validator Mr Sander De Man from EUASV conducted the validation, Mr De Man was impressed with the passion of the AFS team and the efforts made by all to ensure a successful validation.
The RA3 validation of AFS Tanzania is the 24th successful RA3 validation where Professional conducted all pre-validation preparation and training and the validation was conducted by EUASV and Mr Sander De Man.
How can we help you with EU RA3 validation?
Professional has unique experience and expertise gathered in the course of 24 successful European Union RA3 validations. This experience and expertise is used to prepare organisations for compliance with EU RA3 standards by implementing security systems and procedures, producing EU compliant security procedures, onsite implementation of these procedures. Professional plans and presents all the security training required to achieve EU RA3 compliance.
Professional arranges and project manages everything required to achieve EU RA3 validation from preparation and training to the appointment of the EU validator, we ensure the success of your RA3 validation.
Contact David Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help you.
Airfreight into Africa is one of the largest growing markets in the world. Recognising this, the Air Cargo Africa conference and exhibition, which brings together various role players in the industry to explore the potential of this market, is coming to Emperors Palace, Johannesburg from the 21 -23 of February.
Professional Aviation Services, will be joining hands with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) at the event to offer the industry the very best in safety, security and Dangerous Goods compliance, products and services.
Please come and see Professional Aviation Services & IATA at Stand 39 at Air Cargo Africa.
Airfreight into Africa is one of the largest growing markets in the world.
Recognising this, the Air Cargo Africa conference and exhibition, which brings together various role players in the industry to explore the potential of this market, is coming to Emperors Palace, Johannesburg from the 21 -23 of February.
Professional Aviation Services, specialists in Aviation Security and Air Cargo Security Compliance and Training, will be exhibiting at Air Cargo Africa. With a 35-year history in Aviation, and specialising in providing unique solutions that solve client’s challenges, Professional Aviation Services is ideally placed to service and assist clients in finding solutions for their various needs.
We are passionate about keeping Aviation safe and secure, for ultimately, it is all about protecting people. From the personnel who are involved in the Aviation Industry, the people who fly as crew and passengers to the public who could be affected by an aviation incident. By taking part in Air Cargo Africa, we intend to showcase the importance of keeping the growing Airfreight in Africa business safe and secure.
With the airfreight industry into Africa growing at the rate that it is, now is the time to equip your organisation to take advantage of the growth, and keep your staff and your organisation safe and secure. Our services can be combined into a unique solution for you that is customised to solve your unique challenges.
We at Professional are always willing to take up a challenge. So, if you require a service or solution that is not listed below, contact us and let us see how we can help you.
Services that we offer include the following:
Consulting and Risk Services
- EU RA3 Validations – for clients who operate in countries that are not listed on the EU Green list
- Air Cargo Security Compliance Consulting – with 36 Regulated Agents in South Africa as our clients, we have a wide range of experience in guiding clients in terms of operating a secure supply chain
- Aviation Security Consulting – our team of experts can assist with your general aviation security queries and provide solutions for your challenges.
- Risk Services – we can assist with security tests, audits and once-off checks to evaluate the security of facilities and processes.
- IATA Training Courses – through our registered IATA Authorised Training Centre, (ZA-PRI-1-14-001; ZA-PRI-3-16-001), we offer IATA Dangerous Goods training, Introduction to Safety Management Systems, as well as Aviation Security Awareness and Cargo Security Awareness courses, through the International Cargo Training Programme and the International Aviation Training Programme.
- Classroom Training – as a SACAA Approved Part 109 Aviation Security Training Organisation (Approval number: SACAA/AVSEC/CS/008 and SACAA Approved Part 92 Dangerous Goods Aviation Training Organisation, (Approval number: SACAA/DG/0031) we offer quality classroom based training at various locations around South Africa. Our main training centre is situated in Jet Park, with 4 dedicated classrooms, with other locations at Lanseria International Airport, and Wonderboom Airport. We are also able to conduct training in other parts of South Africa, with two dedicated branches in the coastal areas, one in Durban and one in Cape Town.
Our training team consists of 7 SACAA Accredited Aviation Security Training Instructors, 2 of which specialise in Level 1, 2 and 3 Aviation and Cargo Security Training. Several of our instructors are also qualified to teach Dangerous Goods Awareness.
Courses on offer include:
- Aviation Security Screener Training for Passenger and Baggage and for Cargo, Store, Mail and Supplies. (Level 1)
- Aviation Security Supervisor Training for Passenger and Baggage and for Cargo, Store, Mail and Supplies. (Level 2)
- Aviation Security Management Training for Airports and Airlines, as well as for Cargo. (Level 3)
- General Aviation Security Awareness Training (ASAT)
- Aviation Security Awareness (Cargo, Store, Mail and Supplies) Training
- RPAS Aviation Security Awareness Training (for Drone/RPAS/UAV operators)
- Dangerous Goods by Air Regulations (Awareness) for Categories: 4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12
- Customised Courses – our dedicated Research and Development team specialise in developing customised in-house courses for clients, as well as to meet general training needs that we identify in the market.
Current courses that are available include:
- Human Factors for Personnel
- Human Factors for Supervisors and Managers
- Lithium Battery Awareness (both classroom and on-line)
- Handling of Lithium Batteries
- Enhanced Security Training
- Driver Security – Anti-Hijacking Course
- On-line Learning – through our on-line learning platform, proftrain.co.za, we offer customised e-learning courses to various clients, as well as general courses that are open to the public.
- Learner Management System – struggling to manage the training function of your organisation? The Professional Learner Management System is a database system which simplifies the management of training for your staff.
- IATA Publications – as one of only two registered IATA Publications Agents in South Africa, contact us for all your IATA publication’s needs. We take the pain out of ordering IATA products. Visit protrain.co.za/shop to see all the products on offer.
- ICAO Publications – are you looking for ICAO Annexes and Technical Instructions and other ICAO publications? We are a registered ICAO Publications Reseller, contact us to place your order today.
- Dangerous Goods and Lithium Battery Awareness Seminars – educating staff and clients is a vital part of doing business safely and reducing potential incidents. The Professional Dangerous Goods and Lithium Battery Awareness Seminars help to educate your clients about the dangers of mis-declared, undeclared or hidden dangerous goods. It also educates them on the dangers of Lithium Batteries and what is allowed and not allowed. Contact us to book a seminar for your staff or your clients.
Waheed Mohamed and JJ Cilliers join Professional
We are very pleased to announce that the AVSEC team at Professional has grown with the addition of two very experienced members joining our operation.
Waheed joins Professional as Business Development Manager from 1st December 2016.
I am sure that all will know Waheed as a Senior Air Cargo Security Inspector with the South African Civil Aviation Authority. Waheed was with the SACAA for 9 years and leaves with the good wishes of the SACAA. Waheed has been intimately involved in all aspects of Air Cargo Security and AVSEC matters since the inception on Part 108 in South Africa.
Prior to joining the SACAA Waheed was at SAA in the AVSEC department (among other posts) for 10 years.
Waheed brings his wealth of expertise and years of practical, on the ground knowledge and experience to our team, Waheed has particular knowledge and experience in the screening of air cargo and in the application of Explosive Detection Dog teams in particular.
JJ joined the team at Professional in November as Research and Development specialist, where he is tasked with the development of course material and special projects.
JJ was the Head Trainer at the Civil Aviation Academy in Saudi Arabia for 5 years. Early in his career JJ was in the South African Police Service and served as a Sky Marshall for many years, JJ then joined the AVSEC department at ACSA at its inception where he was involved in all aspects on AVSEC.
JJ has a great deal of practical experience in the courier industry after serving as Branch Manager and Operations Manager at TNT Express before taking on the challenge of training in Saudi Arabia.
JJ brings his vast experience, practical approach and enthusiasm for AVSEC to our team.
We welcome Waheed and JJ to the team, we are certain that they will add a great deal of value to your business.